baby will be 6m in 2w. i'm clueless as to how to introduce solids. she's in a daycare environment and don't know how to go about it and how often.

Dr. Tanya Russo
24 years experience Pediatrics
Food introduction: The general recommendation for food introduction in infants is rice cereal at 4 months, vegetables at 5 months, fruits and fruit juices at 6 months, finger foods & meats at 9 months. A three meal two snack schedule is the usual goal, but adapting this schedule to your family's normal routine should be fine as long as your baby is comfortable and gaining weight appropriately.
Answered on Dec 31, 2014