At times the back of my neck feels swollen ans it's uncomfortable to bend my head the whole way back...what would cause this?

Dr. Robert Stachler
30 years experience in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Swelling in the neck: You could have aisle spasm in the back in the muscles or you could have some lymph nodes there. If it is lymph nodes you could feel them and there would be likely more than one. The muscle pain and spasm is most likely. Take Motrin or Tylenol (acetaminophen) and use cold and warm compresses for 20 mins a piece. With a 20 min break every hour and the pain should go away. Good luck, feel better'
Answered on Jan 16, 2015
1