will 3 beers come up in a blood test?

Dr. J Rodos
Dr. J Rodos answered
It can: It will depend on what test is used.Some are quite sensitive and will detect 3 beer even if taken over a three hour period .

Saudi Arabia

What is the truth about v d i am less than 20 v d according to blood test?

Neurology 52 years experience
Low Vit D is rampant: 60% of the american public have low vitamin d levels, and it is crucial for immune system functioning, bone health and a host of normal bodily functions. It is thought that many avoid the sun due to fear of skin cancer, and sunblocks make the issue worse. Supplement by using vit d-3, and get levels up to about 50 or 60, if possible.

I am having hbs ag +ve during blood test in 2004.Please let me know how to cure?

Dr. Kelty Baker
Hematology 28 years experience
Abnormal HBsAg: Having a positive hbsag shows that you have been exposed to the hepatitis b virus, but isn't necessarily indicative of chronic infection depending on the other antibody levels that are also detected. You need to see a hepatologist, or liver specialist, so that he can determine what sorts of treatment are necessary.
Bronx, NY

How do I read my blood test?

Dr. Michael Dugan
Specializes in Hematology
The most important: Numbers are the WBC white blood count the HGB hemoglobin and PLT platelets. Also the numbers of neuts and lymphs are important which are types of whites.
Surprise, AZ

Is a alb/glob blood test result of 0.9 within a normal value or is this considered low?

Pathology 44 years experience
Low-normal: We pathologists operate the clinical labs and are always telling folks, "treat the person, not the numbers." if you are otherwise healthy, i would draw no conclusion whatsoever from this number. In any case, you'd be more interested in the absolute values of Albumin (is it low?) and globulin (is it high?) these are at best pointers for the workup of unexplained symptoms / signs. Good luck.

Can a blood test determine if I have spray paint fume or chemical in my blood stream?

Pathology 49 years experience
Possible: It would require a sophisticate test, beyond the capability of usual labs and the results may not be intepretable, as there are no normal ranges.

Last updated Jun 11, 2015