im in my teens. my wrists crack and click all the time. i have pain aswell as achiness. would i need surgery to fix them?

Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Meds or PT, no surg.: If joints are swollen and warm, I recommend that you get checked for an arthritis condition, but more likely, you have very flexible joints and may be abusing them from overuse with some repetitive motion. It often helps to take a short course of rest with a splint, ibuprofen or naprosyn (naproxen) orally, along with physical therapy to strength the musculature around the wrist and forearm.
Answered on Apr 12, 2015