United Kingdom

had scop down didn't find any think take lansoprazole 30mg aday and still getting burning in chest and very sore stinging throat what can i do ?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 30 years experience
Persistent heartburn: If one medication doesn't work, try another. For instance, b/c Lansoprazole doesn't help you, ask your GP if you can try Omeprazole or Pantoprazole or some other proton pump inhibitor. Some patients need an H2 blocker such as Ranitidine. Others add Calcium Carbonate, too. In meantime, eat smaller meals & don't recline or lay down after eating. Avoid peppermint etc that relaxes lower esophageal sph
Dr. David Lipkin
Several things: Assuming your physician has diagnosed your symptoms as reflux and not burning from a heart problem: eat 4-5 small meals instead of 2-3 large meals; limit liquids with meals; avoid lying down after eating; avoid alcohol and tobacco; cut out foods that increase your symptoms; if symptoms occur after bedtime use a wedge to elevate upper body and don't eat or drink for 3 hours prior to sleep.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Call your doc: If you have been on the medicine for a couple of days to a week and you are no better, call the doctor who did the scope and tell him. Hopefully, something else will be prescribed or a further workup will be done.
Dr. David Houghton
Specializes in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
Scope can be normal: Just because the scope didn't see anything doesn't mean you don't have acid reflux. The only way to confirm acid reflux is with a pH probe. But maybe it would be easier to just try a different medication, or combine medications to reduce acid reflux. If still not effective, then maybe the pH probe is needed to see if acid is really the problem.