Herman, MN

people tell me i make noises with my throat & sniffle my nose, i don't realize i'm doing it but i have anxiety i notice i don't do it when i'm happy and busy why is this is it tourette's?

Dr. Stevan Cordas
Tic: Probably just a tic. Might try hypnosis.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics 50 years experience
Tourette Syndrome is: diagnosed in a person who has multiple motor tics and at least one vocal tic for at least a year with no tic-free period of > 2 months. People with OCD can have tics or compulsions. TS genes can yield partial symptoms, esp. in females. Tics can occur in other anxiety disorders, ADHD, Autistic Spectrum Disorders & in isolation. If they cause social impairment, see a psychiatrist & psychologist.