Bridgeton, NJ

what is the purpose of having a bone scan for my knee before my dr making a final decision about doing a fulkerson procedure?

Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
To see if damage: It may be to look for damage of the bone and joint including the patella. Your physicians can clarify what the bone status is before surgery. I assume your slipping patella is the reason for the surgery I would expect you have done a lot of physical therapy before the decision for surgery is to be made. A strong quadricepes muscle is important for the patella strength and stabilization