Los Angeles, CA

is it more difficult to get a job as a nurse or doctor with hiv? i'm just curious if that is an issue that gets in the way of being hired at hospitals

Dr. Brad Goldenberg
Ask hospitals: I think this goes beyond the scope of our clinical role at HealthTap, but in the spirit of facilitation, I suggest you discuss this with the administration at any hospital you plan on applying to, if you are talking about yourself. Obviously, being infected with HIV places an added potential infectious risk to all patients you contact physically, but I believe can safely be circumvented
Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
Preventive Medicine 41 years experience
Absolutely, more so: because hospitals are buildings full of sick people: people who are both (a) more vulnerable to injury & infection than most not in hospitals plus (b) people who are hospitalized are far more likely to sue the hospital, & everyone associated, for any injury or bad outcome which they perceive as being induced by anything which happened while they were in a hospital. This powerfully drives costs ↑.