Albania

What does it mean if you have normal cortizol and dheas, high 17 oh prh and high androgens, low acth.

Dr. Thomas Knecht
What is 17(OH)PRH?: Hi. I'm not sure what 17(OH)PRH refers to. There is 17(OH)progesterone and 17(OH)pregnenolone in the steroidogenic pathway. Do you mean one of them? And which "androgens" are high? Androstenedione and DHEA? It sounds to me like some sluggish steroidogenic enzyme lumped under "congenital adrenal hyperplasia" (CAH). If so, your ACTH is normal, not low (even though it may be below the "normal rage".

Last updated Jan 30, 2015