Canada

trying for another baby, my period came back after being gone for 2 yrs nine months. had my period for a week. my period is late 3 dys when to test?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 30 years experience
Now!: Testing to confirm or disprove pregnancy is most accurate once you've missed your period, in other words, at least 4 weeks after your last menses. However, if you're trying to get pregnant, it's best to consult your family doc & a reproductive endocrinologist if it's been more than a 12 months w/o success. In meantime, take a daily prenatal vitamin w/lots of Folate (folic acid) to minimize neural tube defect.
Dr. Aleks Radovic
You can: see your doctor in the next week or so for a blood test, or you can wait to see if you get your next period. If no period, check a home pregnancy test. Good luck!

Last updated Dec 1, 2014