i've been taking amoxicillin and oxicodone because i had wisdom teeth out but i'm done taking itim getting acne breakout now is it from not taking it?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
25 years experience Ophthalmology
Not related: do not take those meds for acne. See your doctor first to discuss better options.
Answered on Nov 30, 2014
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
44 years experience Dentistry
Doubtful but...: I would consult your Dr. or a pharmacist to answer these questions.
Answered on Nov 30, 2014
Dr. Lynne Weixel
35 years experience Clinical Psychology
Doubtful: I doubt that completion of antibiotic and pain pills would bring on acne - but even if it did, you can't be on either long-term. See your PCP or a dermatologist if it is too bad to tolerate. Best!
Answered on May 30, 2016
Dr. Joyce Pastore
Acne: Amoxicillin is not a standard treatment for acne, so I don't think that it is related. Stress to your body from your recent dental surgery may be the reason for the breakout. Acne flares are also common at different times in the menstrual cycle.A wide variety of treatments are available for acne, from over the counter solutions to topical and oral prescriptions. See your doctor for advice.
Answered on May 22, 2015