doc told me babies around my time in pregnancy is 3 lb & 5oz.. mine is weighing 6lb &8 oz. what are the chances of having baby early?? (33wks)

3 doctor answers
Dr. Lori Semel
35 years experience Pediatrics
Not Likely: due to the weight.Unfortunately the weight of the baby has nothing to do with the time that you deliver. Are you diabetic during this pregnancy? That can make the baby be a bit larger. Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
Answered on Oct 11, 2018
1
Dr. Katharine Cox
45 years experience Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Weight: Weight is a difficult estimate to make for sure. If the weight is accurate it is either a large baby or you are out on your dates? All the best.
Answered on Jul 14, 2015
1
Dr. Natalie Hodge
26 years experience Pediatrics
Dates? Varies..: Your chances of premature birth depend on many things. Genetic factors, many health factors, past pregnancy status, history of cervical manipulation, dysplasia, hormonal factors, just to name a few. There are two main scenarios for this discrepancy. One is that your dates are off. Your OB will ask a series of questions around this. The second is that you have gestational diabetes.
Answered on Nov 29, 2014