what eye drops combat glaucoma?

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
There are so many!: and only your eye doctor, or glaucoma specialist knows which one is best to use in your case. There has to be an initial workup done of your vision, visual fields, intraocular pressure taken, and optic nerve topography to look at the extent of glaucoma present. Then each individual drops available depends on what other medical conditions or medications you are on. All are prescription only.
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology 30 years experience
Medications: Several classes of medications are prescribed for treating glaucoma. These include: prostaglandin analogues, alpha adrenergic agonists, beta adrenergic antagonists, carbonic anhyrase inhibitors, cholinergic agonists, & hyperosmolar agents. In development are rhokinase inhibitors. Laser and incisional surgical treatments are also options. Primarily though, glaucoma is treated with eye drops.