A 44-year-old member asked:
What is the treatment for streptomycin overdose?
1 doctor answer • 1 doctor weighed in
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
No direct treatment: If excessive amounts of streptomycin have been received, they will be excreted by the body and time will prevail. If they created toxic damage, primarily to the vestibular division of the acoustic (8th) nerve or to the kidneys, only part of the damage is reversible.
5.7k viewsAnswered >2 years ago
Last updated Oct 3, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.