what do emulin and metformin do for type 2 diabetes?

Dr. Alan Feldman
Endocrinology 41 years experience
Lower sugar: metformin is the most common medication used to treat type 2 diabetes. It lowers blood sugars by decreasing sugar released from the liver. Emulin is a food supplement that has very little data supporting its efficacy. I could find 1 study where it was taken for 1 week and caused a very small (1-5%) improvement in blood sugars.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Metformin/Emulin: Metformin is the most widely prescribed for Type2 Diabetese. it helps to lower Blood Sugar by reducing the amount of Glucose produced and released by the liver and by increasing insulin sensitivity.Emulin is sold without prescription as a natural product which brings blood sugar down.I can not find any scientific study to recommend that as we don't know what it does and if the claims are true