Maumelle, AR

if lupus were affecting my joints would that show up on an mri?

Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 33 years experience
Most likely,: but the abnormalities would not be specific for lupus.

What information does anmri scangive?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Details: An MRI provides a very detailed picture of the soft tissue. Because the soft tissue of muscle is different that the soft tissue of the bowels, which is different than the soft tissue of the blood vessels, etc., an MRI delineates all these different tissues very distinctly.

What is magnetic resonance imaging (mri)

Dr. Paul Cohen
Nice pictres...: A very hi-tech, no radiation way of taking pictures of our bodies to aid doctors in helping pinpoint what is going on in a particular area of our body.

My joints crack when I move. Am I at risk for arthritis?

Not just from noises: Cracking a joint moves the parts of the joint, with the cracking noise coming from cartilage surfaces sliding, from movement of a little air-space from one place in the joint to another, or from some other non-traumatic event. A person with no joint pains before or after cracking a joint is probably not damaging the joint. However, making it a frequent habit has uncertain long-term effects.

How does glucosamine affect joint health?

Dr. Samuel Lazaro
Specializes in Family Medicine
Normal compound: Glucosamine in the form of sulfate is found in the cartilage and synovial fluid of the joints it may be helpful to reduce the use of non-steroidal anti inflammatory agents. Main application will be for the treatment of osteoarthritis.

Is it possible that shark cartilage help joints?

Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice 18 years experience
Yes: Yes some studies have shown benefit.

Last updated Nov 27, 2014