AL

thyroid nodule has grown from 3.1 to 3.6 cm with normal blood tests except alt 165 and ast 77. any realation? cause of elevated enzymes? no on any med

Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgical Oncology 64 years experience
No relationship: A solitary nodule of the thyroid urrelatede to elevated liver enzymes. When a solitary nodule enlarges and is unrelated to a goitre, there is a potential for this nodule which if solid on sonogram and non funtional on scan might represent a transforming adenoma and as such should be resected. The elevated liver enzymes should be evaluated separately.