TT

is their a risk getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist at 4 months of pregnancy?

Dr. Mary David
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
No increase: The risk is no higher in pregnancy than any other time. Poor dental hygiene dose increase the risk. Best wishes for you and the baby. You obviously are going to be a good and caring mom.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Nope: In fact, it's encouraged. Changes in hormonal levels during your pregnancy can result in significant inflammation of your gingival tissues. Meticulous home care along with regular professional cleanings will keep your mouth healthy.
Dr. Orly Hendizadeh
Dentistry 13 years experience
No: There is no risk of getting teeth cleaned at 4 months of pregnancy. In fact, during my own pregnancy I got cleanings at 4 and 8 months :)

Last updated Apr 24, 2015