New York, NY

Hi i was a little worried about this numb feeling in my left hand on the side of pinky finger going down that side but it is only my left hand?

Dr. David Houghton
Specializes in Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
Ulnar neuropathy?: The symptoms you describe are typical for trouble with the ulnar nerve. This is the nerve that travels along the inner elbow and causes the 'funny bone' sensation when the elbow is hit in a certain way. Sometimes the nerve can get pinched in the elbow and surgery can relieve the pressure. An EMG/NCS test can determine if this is what is going on. Good luck!

Last updated Sep 30, 2017