is 59 days hiv combo + pcr rna test neg conclusive? some docs say yes, some say no and need to be tested at 3,6,12 months. what is correct? some org say 12, 13 lots of confusing info please answer!

Dr. Matt Wachsman
The 3,6,12 is old: based on data that was purely antibody; even the CDC website screws that up. "HIV testing may be concluded 4 months after exposure " http://nccc.ucsf.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Updated_USPHS_Guidelines_Mgmt_Occupational_Exposures_HIV_Recommendations_PEP.pdf Thing is, nobody including me, believes you have ONLY ONE EXPOSURE lifetime. So, the real situation is to be tested about every 6-12 mo
Answered on May 26, 2015
1