Occidental, CA

i've been having a nervous feeling in my chest, kind of like when you get really frightened. also shallow breathing...is this anxiety?

This sounds a lot: like anxiety. If you can find a quiet place - do so. Breath in slowly & deeply through your nostrils. Fill your lungs with air (but not to the point of discomfort). Hold for a count of five then slowly begin to exhale through an open mouth. Repeat at least 12 times, longer if you need to.
Provided original answer
You are welcome. Be well.
Nov 5, 2014
Dr. Ajay Acharya
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
At your age.......try to find if there is a reason behind this feeling.....may seek help from a couseler.
Nov 5, 2014