United Kingdom

My blood pressure is always around 15p systolic. i am otherwise healthy. should i see a physician?

Dr. Esther Poza-juncal
15p=150?: Assuming this is a typo and you mean 150, then yes you should be evaluated for high blood pressure. Normal pressure is under 140/90. Don't put this off; the longer your pressure remains even mildly elevated, the greater the risk of stroke and heart attack, and the harder it will be to get the pressure controlled.
Dr. Patrick Kohlitz
Blood Pressure: I think you meant to type 150? Yes, this is slightly high for a person your age - see a doctor for a full exam and physical. The rationale for having a healthy blood pressure is so your vital organs such as your heart brain and lungs function at the highest level for as long as possible.

Last updated Nov 5, 2014