Sunnyvale, CA

i take b12-2500mcg(cyn) in the morning and feel energetic for 2-3 hrs. the next dose, 2500mcg(cyn) makes me fatigued/sleepy. what could be the cause?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Vitamin B-12: First, unless you have a B-12 deficiency, dietary deficiency, have no gastric acidity you need not take these. Nonetheless, none of your subjective manifestations are likely to be due to the vitamin supplements. This is either psychogenic or related to some other condition and not to vitamin B-12 supplements.
Dr. Stephen Southard
It's probably: Unrelated to specific dosing of vitamin B12. While vitamin B12 deficiency could have waxing and waning fatigue, it's just more the nature of the deficiency rather than the dosing. I would look to another cause if your vitamin B12 levels have been repleted. Unfortunately many things can cause fatigue and would require further info to better determine what may be going on. Best of luck.

Last updated Oct 31, 2014