NE

my c/d ratio has been large but recently changed (.7 and .8) according to my doc who says i am now a suspect. is this really a concern?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 53 years experience
Probably not: Presumably you are concerned about HIV. Are you HIV-positive? If not, there was no point in doing a CD4-CD8 count. It is not a test for HIV and normally not done unless an HIV test is positive. In any case, a change in ratio of this degree is meaningless; everybody's ratio naturally varies by that amount or more. Discuss further with your doctor if you remain concerned.

Last updated Nov 29, 2014