Genetic blood work done for celiacs- one gene positive for celiacs another negative. I have lost 30lbs in 5m, is it highly possible I have celiacs?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
56 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
Get checked out: Only a small % of people with the genetic markers develop celiac disease. However any weight loss of 30 lbs without an known explanation should be vigorously evaluated even though your symptoms may be suggestive of gluten intolerance. I presume that you are anorexic .
Answered on Oct 31, 2014
1
1
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu commented
Provided original answer
I meant not anorexic. Somehow missed it in rewriting. It would not have made sense otherwise.
Oct 31, 2014