Canada

Wrong lens put in,going back one week later to have correct one put in doctor says someone handed him the wrong one.in the operating room.

Dr. Harold Peltan
Ophthalmology 28 years experience
Lens exchange: There can be a few ways that a patient ends up with a lens implant with a different power than desired. One way is the one you describe. As surgeons we do depend on nurses and other assistants. Even though surgeons double check as much as they can, something can get past them. The current lens will be removed, and a new lens will be put in. It usually goes well. Good luck.
Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim
Urgent Care 19 years experience
Sorry: Sorry to hear that they did not put the right lens back into your eye. I would speak to your doctor to determine if this is something that should wait or whether you should be seen immediately. I hope you are referring to lens of your eye as opposed to a contact lens.

Last updated Nov 11, 2014