West Yarmouth, MA

hi is it a good idea to get a 24 hour mobility test impedance study also what are the different types of stomach surgery can you eat with this 24 stud?

Dr. Carrie Cannon
GER PH probe study: A 24 hr ambulatory impedance study is done to see if a patient's symptoms are connected to gastroesophageal reflux. The important thing is no eating or drinking 4-6 hours prior to placement of the PH probe to avoid complications. Many medications like zantac (ranitidine) and Prevacid need to be held for one week prior unless test is to check for effect of meds. Endoscopic, laparoscopic, fundoplication.