Newburyport, MA

is it safe to drink a packet of emergen - c every morning to prevent getting sick?

Yes: It is safe.

What can I do to prevent getting a cold?

Dr. Joel Gallant
Infectious Disease 36 years experience
Not much: The things you're supposed to do are to avoid crowds curing cold season and to wash your hands frequently, but frankly most people get a couple colds a year no matter what they do. Some people swear by echinacea taken at the first onset of symptoms, but the data aren't very convincing. My approach is to accept the inevitable, and just hope it happens at a convenient time.

Any meds to prevent nervous breakdowns?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Not really: I don't really know what a "nervous breakdown" is for you. If you have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, then there are medications to prevent mood instability -- perhaps a type of "nervous breakdown." for all of us, the best things are a clean lifestyle -- healthy whole foods; regular exercise; healthy relationships; enjoyable work; restful sleep on a regular schedule; a spiritual practice.

What can I take to prevent rhinovirus?

Dr. Sunil Ummat
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 35 years experience
Boost immunity: Although you cannot take anything to prevent rhinovirus, you can boost your immunity through good sleep, regular exercise and a healthy diet as well as multivitamins to prevent a rhinovirus from taking hold and causing a lot of symptoms.

How can I prevent headaches / make them go away?

Dr. Thomas Davis
Dentistry 36 years experience
Headaches: You should have your medical doctor examine you to rule out any pathology. He will probably order blood work and possibly x-rays and discuss your medical history. Also see your dentist to check your bite to make sure it is balanced and not causing muscle/joint problems.He can give you some ideas of treatment if it is TMJ related. Your first need to see your medical doctor.

How can I prevent primary sclerosing cholongitis?

Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Rick Koch answered
Cardiology 22 years experience
Not aware of: Any myself.

Last updated Nov 1, 2014