Australia

I have been given serc for dizziness(not vertigo). doctor suspect low blood pressure is culprit how long should i take it and how should i stop?

Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology 36 years experience
Betahistidine: is for Meniere's disease (vestibular imbalance). It can raise your BP. I would not take it unless you have true vertigo associated with ringing in the ear that is accompanied by a concomitant drop off in hearing. Dizziness is often difficult to pin down from an etiologic standpoint. Start with nailing the diagnosis and cause. (see a neurologist if need be)

Last updated May 23, 2016