UT

called office to find doctor has had my lab results to look at since yesterday morn but still no word. checking for celiac, etc. why so long?

Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
See below.: I often wait to inform patients of lab results until all the tests are back. This may be the case for your doctor. You should call back in 1-2 days and ask again if you haven't heard.
Send out: A lot of these tests are not done on site but sent out to a reference lab that does them in batches (improves accuracy). Some labs run the test every day and some only on certain days. I was never able to get these back in less than a few days .Some insurers required they be sent to labs that took longer.