right hand hurts when bent forward. feels like a gap in my wrist where a carpal should be and that's where the pain is. any ideas?

Dr. Gregory Krivchenia
Orthopedic Surgery 40 years experience
See an orthopod: I would see an orthopaedist and be examined. He/she will get the appropriate Xrays and help you choose the proper treatment options.
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Hand Surgery 35 years experience
Wrist pain: Pain in this central portion of your wrist can come from inside the wrist bones and boney surfaces as well as tendons that attach to the wrist and move the forearm and wrist together. If the pain doesn't respond to normal over-the-counter anti-inflammatories and ice and gentle stretching then evaluation by a hand surgeon or your PCP is appropriate

Last updated Oct 5, 2015