Trying to have baby. 4 losses in 1.5 years. Cytotec (misoprostol) last time. Now unable to conceive. Can Cytotec (misoprostol) be the cause?

Dr. D Elan Simckes
32 years experience in Fertility Medicine
Recurrent pregnancy loss: No, I do not believe that Cytotec (misoprostol) would cause permanent damage unless it was a violent delivery and tore your cervix. But even then that unlikely would affect our ability to conceive only the ability to hold onto the baby. What is possible is that you were not completely emptied. I would start with a pelvic ultrasound and possibly hysteroscopy with the dilation and curretage
Answered on Sep 29, 2016
1