Baltimore, MD

i was exercising friday and i was sore on my calf now today i barely can walk i keep feeling twinges in my calf and it hurts to walk is it strained ?

Dr. Adam Lewis
Neurosurgery 35 years experience
Muscle strain: Yes. Very likely. Warm moist heat, stretching, and massage will help to relieve the pain. Add ice after the stretching exercises. Avoid high impact activities (running, tennis, volley ball) until the pain resolves.
Dr. David Lipkin
Yes: A strain is when muscle fibers are torn. It can be mild or severe. The usual advice is to elevate and ice for 24-48 hours plus ace bandage compression and Tylenol, (acetaminophen) ibuprofen or Aleve for pain. If there is severe pain or inability to walk you should see a physician. An excellent patient pamphlet is found at the Following site: http://bit.ly/1rcsbpk