My dad needs shoulder surgery and i'm looking in to stem cells as an alternative. are stem cell transplants available in the us now?

Dr. Gregory Krivchenia
Orthopedic Surgery 40 years experience
Not proven yet: It sounds that your father probably has a rotator cuff tear. To my knowledge, there have been no randomized studies of PRP to show that it works. If your father has a significant tear and daily night pain in his shoulder, the best option is surgical treatment.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 17 years experience
Many Options: There are many different options for stem cell therapies in the us. I would suggest you evaluate all of them thoroughly before choosing. So far the only practice that has significant research and patient base regarding stem cell therapy is Regenexx. They have over 10,000 patients treated in their registry with pretty good results. Check out Regenexx.Com.
Dr. Michael Fitzmaurice
Hand Surgery 21 years experience
Yes: If the issue is arthritis or partial rotator cuff tear there is excellent results with proper stem cell treatment by someone who has considerable experience and knowledge of also how to maximize the body nutritionally for best results of the treatment. Unfortunately there are a lot of poorly trained doctors so make sure you see the results they have and ask about their training.