AE

My mother had passed away 3 weeks ago, i feel so sad and depressed, losing the only person who looked after me is so hurtful, what can i do plz help?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Feeling Good: There are several types of depression. Reactive depression occurs as a result of loss and eventually we adjust. If one does not adjust or if the cause is not clear certainly seek professional help. "feeling good" by david burns is an excellent self-help book based on science. Don't let the thickness of it intimidate you. Sorry for your loss. Peace and good health.
Grieve: It is ok to grieve. It is healthy to grieve. Share with friends/loved ones. If you get stuck in the grief process consider talking with a pastoral counselor or a therapist.

Last updated Aug 8, 2017