Ecuador

2 y ago i was diagnosed hep b, now my hbsag is ( - ), hbcigm and hbeag antigen e (both - ), but my hbsac (anti s) is still 15/ml. can i be vaccinated?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 39 years experience
The way I read it...: ...you're protected (if you have detectable antibody to hepatitis B surface, and both HepBeAg and Hep BsAG are negative). Talk with you hepatologist at home about whether the antibody titer is sufficient, or should be supplemented, or whether it can be monitored to ensure its not dropping (particularly if exposure risks are present).