Cedar Hill, TX

Had an underarm abcess lanced by dr. it's hasn't drained anymore since i left dr. it's still hard and warm. is it still infected?

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Infectious Disease 23 years experience
Underarm abscess: The definition of a skin infection like this includes: redness, warmth, pain and swelling. (Doctors have Latin names for this). Lancing an abscess is the proper treatment to cure it - but I wonder if the doctor got all of it? Since sometimes there may be 'pockets' that aren't opened up with the knife. I would check back with the doc since these symptoms need to resolve to be considered 'cured'.

Last updated Jun 19, 2015