Brainerd, MN

i'm a 19 yr female. i had a kidney stone removed and a stent put in this morning by my urologist. i was discharged and my stent just came out. am i ok?

Dr. Jesse Mills
Urology 20 years experience
Probably : urologists often do ureteroscopy without stent placement. But, since your urologist placed one, he or she thought you needed it. If you're not having terrible pain or running a fever, you're probably ok to wait and call the office In the morning.
Dr. James Lin
Here are some ...: Most likely, the attached thread to the end of stent was incidentally pulled out unexpectedly, though it's usually expected to be pulled by yourself in 5-7 days. Once it's out earlier than planned, just watch and see as long as having no heightened backache and fever. Meanwhile, save the stent & bring it to your doctor, and drink more fluid to "flush" the post-stented ureter for at least next 2 d.