i s topped birth control today after being on it a week and extremely nauseated, how long now till the nausea goes away??

Dr. Jane Van Dis
3-6 weeks: Nausea is a super common side effect of birth control pills. I typically recommend patients start on a low dose estrogen birth control pill as that can help limit these types of side effects. You would want a birth control pill that has 20mcg of estradiol. Check with your doctor if you're not on low dose, and consider switching in order to diminish these side effects. Good luck!