United Kingdom

sat down heart rate 47, ran upstairs 150. bp 124/72 age 23. not athlete. have dysautonomia pots. no symptoms at hr 47. why so low? had ecgs,echos etc

Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
All normal: It's not abnormal to have a heart rate of 47 while relaxed and at rest, especially if you're taking a beta blocker which, if you have POTS, I assume you are. Running anywhere, and especially up stairs, will signal your heart to beat more forcefully and faster to increase cardiac output to meet your metabolic demands. Max HR at your age is 200, so you're not even close. Sounds healthy to me.