HBV test results: Hepatitis B Surface Antigen: Nonreactive; Hepatitis B Core Antibodies: Reactive; HBV PCR: Negative. Need any medication or vaccine?

Dr. Kristel Hunt
22 years experience in Hepatology
Excellent question: and your story stumps many a doctor, often! :) a lot of the recommendations depend on - are you someone with risk factors for HBV? is this the first time that it has been checked? are your liver enzymes normal? are you about to undergo any procedures/ treatments that could put you at risk for HBV? If you have no sig risk factors, yes, I'd vaccinate you if there's potential for exposure.
Answered on May 13, 2017
1
Dr. Louis Cooper
47 years experience in Pediatrics
Did you have the series of three Hepatitis vaccines previously on their schedule? Talk with your physician about re-vaccination as per Dr. Hunt.
Sep 14, 2014