My doctor prescribed some medicine to heal my canker sores faster. is this healthy or is it healthier for me to just let it heal on it's own?

Dr. Media Najafi
Dentistry 22 years experience
Just another option: Yes the medicine can help cut the cycle down in number of days. If you don't like medicines and can tolerate the discomfort you don't have to take it, but will take 14 days for healing on its own. Discuss laser as an option with you dentist for next time the canker sores startto appear.
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dentistry 37 years experience
Canker sore medicines are designed to make you feel a little better, but don't do much for actually accelerating the healing. Time is your best healer for canker sores. Expect about 10-14 days.
Sep 5, 2012
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Cosmetic Dentistry 33 years experience
Use the medication.: The medication is fine to use. It will not harm you and it will help you feel more comfortable faster!

Last updated Aug 6, 2015