Singapore

My veins are very prominent, the colours can clearly be seen through my skin. they aren't varicose though. how can i reduce them from showing?

Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 29 years experience
Some people are born: with thinner skin so that vessels can be seen. There is nothing to worry about, You are young and it is a common occurrence. Focus on positive things you like about your body, but if you really are bothered, makeup at this age can cover. Hope that helps
Dr. Joel Gotvald
Vascular Surgery 25 years experience
You can't: Normal veins are naturally going to show through the skin and there is nothing you can do to diminsh their appearance outside of tanning the skin or getting a spray tan. If your skin is lighter complexion and the veins naturally more prominent there are going to show themselves. You will have to try to not be self-conscious about them.
Dr. Adam Levy
Dr. Adam Levy commented
Use makeup or nylons if legs
Sep 5, 2014

Last updated Aug 24, 2020