the black part around eyeball is spreading means somewhat of the black portion is spreading towards the white what it could be ? plz help

2 doctor answers
Dr. Tanya Russo
24 years experience Pediatrics
Pupil???: James, I am not sure I understand your question fully, are you referring to your pupils (the black structure in the center of your eye, not the brown or colored iris) ? If your pupils are not longer round, if one is suddenly larger than the other, or if they do not change size when a light is shone on them, you must go to the emergency room immediately. You should not drive yourself!
Answered on Aug 30, 2014
Dr. Warren Everett
Specializes in Family Medicine
Pterygium?: I would have to see it but it sounds like a scar on the sclera is encroaching on the iris. Thes are usually benign but if they encroach on your visual field will need to be excised and should be followed by a doctor.
Answered on Aug 31, 2014
1