MI

I am 18 week pregnant. my little finger joint has become swollen and very painful. is there any reason and treatment. i cannot bend it.

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Get checked: You may have an infection in a joint, so get seen today. If you hurt it, you could have a fracture, and that needs to be checked out as well. There are other causes, but these are at the top of the list of things that should be ruled out.
Dr. Mary David
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Not due to pregnancy: There is no reason pregnancy would cause this. The only difference is in options for treatment since there are somethings that aren't options during pregnancy. Check with your doctor.
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Not pregnancy: I would doubt that has anything to do with the pregnancy - probably an infection or acute inflammation. See your doctor for treatment.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
There is a small incidence of gout in premenopausal women: it occurs more often in the upper extremities in women, too. Pregnancy can increase uric acid levels too. Here is an article I found interesting. https://www.rimed.org/medhealthri/2009-11/2009-11-363.pdf. Infection, inflammation or trauma are more likely as noted by us all.
Aug 28, 2014

Last updated Aug 29, 2014