RO

why do i sometimes feel dizzy after getting out of the bathtub?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
It is possible: that your relaxing bath is lowering your blood pressure and when you get up you feel dizzy. Check w/your doc to be sure. Peace and good health.
Dr. Michael Roman
Also depending on temperature of the water. You could become dehydrated
Aug 27, 2014
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Provided original answer
Thank you for that helpful addition Doc.
Aug 27, 2014
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 33 years experience
Different reasons: There could be different reasons for this symptom. You may be relaxing in the tub causing your heart rate & blood pressure to drop which when you suddenly stand to get out of the water causes a pooling of blood in your legs and perhaps coupled with a change in temperature from the tub to the air makes you dizzy. There could be other causes. Monitor closely- check with your doctor if it persists