my mom had invasive lobular breast cancer. is that more hereditary than invasive ductal?

2 doctor answers
Dr. David Satloff
39 years experience Pain Management
Controversial opinio: Dr Rau of the Paracelsus Institute has found that most cases of invasive breast cancer are due to poor root canal therapy outcomes draining from the mandible on the same side. The issue with unresolved mandibular infection is more important than genetic factors in predicting such cancer development. I find that the issue is more related to jaw infection than RCT involvement.
Answered on Feb 16, 2015
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
34 years experience Medical Oncology
Probably no, but...: Most of the statistics I have seen show similar rates of lobular cancer in carriers of BRCA 1/2 mutations (which is the most common recognizable inherited breast cancer trait) compared to non-carriers. Exception: carriers of CDH1 mutations (hereditary diffuse gastric cancer syndrome) have high risk for aggressive stomach cancer and lobular breast cancer.
Answered on Feb 16, 2015
1