Philippines

5/10 headache at mid left back of head. bp 130/80, normal stress echo, agatston 0.5, period in 5 days; due to lack of sleep and water intake?

Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
Preventive Medicine 41 years experience
Mixed up Issues: Comments are on many separate issues from an organ system viewpoint. Stress tests, all methods, totally miss arterial disease until complications of advanced disease (plaque ruptures, clots, heart damage) have already occurred, thus very low value. Does Agatston 0.5 refer to coronary calcium by CT (better, earlier indicator of disease; optimal Zero & less)? Soul↔Mind↔Brain↔Body issues complex.
Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
Preventive Medicine 41 years experience
Provided original answer
Rec: Study many of my other answers about cardiovacular disease (atherosclerosis, arteriosclerosis), lipoproteins (cholesterol wrong issue promoted by US gov.), blood glucose, BP, etc. Ds typically begins in childhood, thus better approach is to focus on drivers of disease, Not crude tests to see if bad enough to detect, Docs commonly promote later due to insurance payments & less of their time.
Aug 23, 2014