India
A 28-year-old female asked about a female:

my infant doesnt sleep at night instead she sleeps early morning,difficult for me to handle.pls suggest measure as i cant force her to sleep acc to me?

Dr. Marlene Wust-smith
Newborn sleep: Infants typically need to eat every 2 to 4 hours and it would not be safe to have a newborn sleeping through the night. What you are experiencing is very common. Your baby is more wakeful when you are sleeping because in utero this was likely the time that she was most awake and able to explore her surroundings. Best advice: sleep when she sleeps so that you are not so tired. It will get better!
Dr. Jonathan Jassey
Baby sleep: How old is the infant? Might have days and nights confused as of now. Can be a multitude of things causing the lack of sleep, from hunger, to pain, to anything else. If she is irritable, the most common GI causes are gas pain, reflux, constipation and having a milk protein allergy to breast milk/formula. My philosophy is get on a good scheduled routine and "The Newborn Sleep Book" can help.
Dr. Ratna Dhingra
Need to change cycle: you will need to change the sleep pattern,it is v important to be consistent. first let the baby fall asleep in his crib--not in your arms.FEED,CHANGE DIAPERS AND PUT HIM IN THE CRIB--WALK OUT.HE WILL CRY PROBABLY.Time it--in 5 min go in--do not pick him up--talk to him--walk out--now wait 10 min--and gradually increase the time.it may take 2-3 hrs the first few days but he will learn to sleep.