Australia

yesterday ml restylane (dermal fillers) to lips. they swole up huge like balloons! sore big and hard! filler was hard! will i need prednisolone or to remove filler??

Dr. Mary Dyer
Normal or overfilled: Allergic reactions to ha fillers are rare. It's more likely you are temporarily swollen just from being poked. Ice and ibuprofen are your best treatment for the first 2 to 3 days after fillers. If the swelling persists after 3 days then you might be overfilled and you can discuss with your injector about reversal
Dr. Jennifer Tighe De Soto
Cosmetic Surgery 15 years experience
Wait a few days...: Some swelling after lip injection is very common. How much depends on many things, including injection technique, how much filler, which filler, your body, etc. If the filler still feels hard after the swelling clears, you may have been injected with a thicker filler, which won't give as nice a result. I personally like Restylane (dermal fillers) Silk for the lips, very smooth and natural looking, less swelling
Dr. Jennifer Tighe De Soto
Cosmetic Surgery 15 years experience
Provided original answer
If your swelling doesn't improve with ice/motrin and a few days, see your MD. They can inject hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler if you don't like it.
Jul 12, 2015
Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine 35 years experience
Very common: Its common the have swelling of the lips after injections. I found restyle silk gives more swelling that restylane (dermal fillers) but in any even the swelling resolves in a day or so. Just as the others said motrin , advil, are good simple measures. If its really bothersome a shore dose of steroids but thats rarely needed. Also I seep perlane on your med list prelude in the lip will give a firm often lumpy feel